Updated: Add Dropbox and Google Drive as save locations in Office 2013

In this post I will share with you a new script for adding Dropbox and Google drive as save-locations in Office 2013.

After my first script was added to the Top 100 tools in CHIP, I decided to make it even better than before. The major update is that it is now GUI based, and not text based.
Another improvement is that it will scan your system automatically for your folder! (This only applies for Dropbox at the moment.)

The script/aplication can be downloaded from Technet, and it also contains the ReadMe file that is written down here below. (HERE)

If you find this script helpful or if you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will answer as soon as possible!

Step 1:
Start one of your Office products and logg on with your microsoft account.

Step 2:
Run the script from a PowerShell console.

Step 3:
Enter the path to your Dropbox and/or Google Drive folder, or let the application find it for you. (Currently only available for Dropbox)

Step 4:
Press “Apply” and when completed, start or restart your Office product to add the folders.

5_2

This entry was posted in Powershell, Windows 7, Windows 8 and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Updated: Add Dropbox and Google Drive as save locations in Office 2013

1. Pingback: Add Dropbox and Google Drive as locations in Office 2013 | A guide to Microsoft Products

2. Would love to see this work for Box.com as well! Great work!

• admin says:

Thanks for the comment!

At the moment I’m working for a solution for this as well, I’m just waiting for a response from Copy regarding icons to use.

//Andreas

3. Paul Jetter says:

Would be nifty to see you connect Hightail as well. If you need any assistance contact me at Hightail and I’ll get you to the right contacts. We have millions of users who would love to save their MS files in Hightail’s cloud. (formerly You Send It)

4. Dan says:

Script works great, but it would be nice if you could make it work with http://www.Box.com also?

• admin says:

Thanks for the comment!

I’m currently working on a major update, where support for BOX will be added amongst other things.
      If everything goes as planed, the new version will be released in about a month.

//Andreas

5. Betty O. says:

Wonderful script love the update from the old version of this that was out on the internet.

Only issue I found was the moving of Google Drive folder, it finds an entry already and will not update to the new location.

• admin says:

Hi and thanks for your comment!

This is something I’ve been working on in the new version, the ability to update the folder.
      Right now I’m stuck on the details of icons and trying to fix the automatic detection of folders.

In the mean time, you can edit the value in the registry of the location.

6. Oded says:

It doesnt work anymore.. :/
    After running the script and trying to add Google Drive or Dropbox im getting an error “Sorry, Were having server problems, so we cant add Google Drive now. Please try again later.”

Any help, please? :/

7. Oded says:

It doesnt work for me.. :/

Any help, please? :/

• admin says:

Hi!

This is a known problem, what you need to do is to log out of your account in Office and then log back in before you can add the folders.
      I’ve tried to get an answer to why from MS, but with no luck…

Best regards
      Andreas

• Oded says:

Hi there,
        Thanks for the respond!
        Sadly, that didnt work either.
        Im getting the same error as before.
        Anything else i can try?

Thanks!!

• admin says:

Hi!

Then I would try to log out of Office, then remove the entries created in the registry. (These can be found in the script), then reboot the computer.

Once back in, run the script and log back into your account in Office.

Just to be clear, you are running Office 2013?

//Andreas